Yes it is that time of year again boys and girls!
Valentines day can be a scary time of year for many but really it should be fun, carefree and romantic. Whether you have been together for ages or just a week, we only wish for one thing on the 14th of February and that is to know that we are loved and have not been forgotten. Men seem to have a way with “forgetting” this holiday and the hype seems to scare them off but really women are very easy to please on this occasion and men are too!
I have put together a couple of Valentines gift ideas for him and her if you are struggling to come up with ideas. Try not to over complicate it too much and head over to Pinterest to gain some inspiration, I have created a Valentines Day board especially so have a look here!
Chocolate is essential when it comes to Valentines shopping, everyone loves chocolate but my weapon of choice is Lindt’s Lindor range… Their chocolate is so creamy and delicious and now comes in the shape of a heart and couple bunnies especially for Valentines Day for both of you to share! – Order here
Smythson are known for their fantastic range of stationary and leather goods, but their personalised gifts are my favourite. These leather notebooks are the perfect gifts for one another and how thoughtful to be able to give your loved one a personal note and in the colour of your choice. Find them here and here
Whether it is a single red rose or an entire bouquet you cannot go wrong as every girl loves flowers. Red roses represent true love so nothing says I Love You better on Valentines day than red roses.
Romance started with love letters so why not bring back this tradition with one of Sheaffer’s beautifully timeless writing instruments. These gorgeous pens last forever and will get the ideas flowing from your heart and straight out onto paper. See the entire range here
Bake him some treats that will get his stomach saying “I Love You”! There are some great recipes I found on Pinterest, here is the recipe for my favourite (image centered above) that might just have to be tried! – found here
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp. vanilla
- 2 tbsp. bottle red food coloring
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 1/2 tbsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tbsp. vinegar
Small chocolate heart-shaped cookies (optional)
Powdered sugar (optional)
1. Let eggs and butter stand 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 175 degrees C. Line 28 5/6.5 cm cupcake pans with paper liners; set aside.
2. In medium bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, and 3/4 tsp. salt; set aside. In large mixing bowl beat butter on medium-high 30 seconds. Add sugar and vanilla; beat until combined. One at a time, add eggs; beat on medium after each. Beat in food coloring on low.
3. Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk to egg mixture; beat on low to medium speed after each just until combined. Stir together baking soda and vinegar. Add to batter; beat just until combined.
4. Spoon batter into prepared pans, filling each about two-thirds full. Bake 15 to 17 minutes. Cool in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from pans. Cool completely. Top with small chocolate cookies, if desired. Dust with powdered sugar. Makes 28 servings.
At the end of the day your loved one only wants you, make the evening special by getting dolled up in beautiful new lingerie from Agent Provateur. Topshop, Asos and my favourite Victoria’s Secret also do a lovely range and at much more affordable prices.
However you wish to express your love this Valentines Day I hope you enjoy the holiday and remember to remind your partner how much you love them because that is all that really matters…