Tips on how to Pull off this Trend:
- Keep accessories minimal.
- There’s a fine line between tasteful and tacky. So when wearing a metallic, which makes such a bold impact on its own, leave the jewelry at home Pair with neutrals.
- It can be much easier to incorporate metallics into your wardrobe by pairing them with neutrals. By using neutrals to balance out a metallic piece you can keep your look on-trend without going over the top.
- Choose form-fitting pieces.
- Metallics tend to look more polished when worn closer to the body, this creates an evening-appropriate look that’s both elegant and edgy.
- Hérve Léger by Max Azria adopted the same approach, boasting silhouette-hugging dresses for a bold, futuristic feel.
- While loose metallic jackets did appear on the runway by Alexander McQueen, they were belted or balanced by fitted pants and skirts, which kept ensembles looking refined and clean.
- I would discourage a head to toe look.Since metallics create such a bold statement, wearing too many at once can cheapen a look.
- Choose one key piece (a statement bag or a slim pant) and let it be the main focal point to your outfit.
- The exception would be evening wear, where even then, accessories should be kept fairly simple.
- Metallics were a hit with celebrity fashion at the BAFTA’s this year where many opted for golden metallic gowns.