My youngest brother Alexis and I made cookies this afternoon since my other siblings Sabrina and Marcus are getting back from the UK this evening for their half term we thought it the perfect idea for their return.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 bar white chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Mix together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Dissolve baking soda in hot water.
- Add to batter along with salt.
- Stir in flour and chocolate chips.
- Cut into cubes, place onto baking tray and add white chocolate bits .
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.
- Remove from baking tray and lay out to cool for 10 minutes or so, cookies are ready to eat and will have a crisp outer layer and soft interior.